Thursday, February 4, 2010

So I haven't abandoned this..

But in the period of thesis-ing and my last semester at NYU, things have gotten quite busy. I've been doing a great deal of artwork as well, which I hope to post up soon, but for now - today's fling: saxophone covers of popular songs, brought to you by youtube. Oh you bet it, bitches.

First: ArtinSound. Aside from being somewhat schmaltsy, he's pretty good and has a solid tone. His arrangements are awesome, too. so props.


"If I Ain't Got You" by Alicia Keys

he also does a mean Careless Whisper, but I just couldn't sit through it anymore.

to go along with my previous post of Michael Jackson stars:


Now that's what i call muzak! I could ride the elevator to this every day! He's got that nice raspy upper register
sound up in his high D-E-F (G!) range

I can't end my section on ArtinSound without a little Sade! That would be sacrilegious. He splices between alto and tenor! Sexy!


The master in smooth-sax/schmaltzy has to go to ladysmoothsax with Timbaland - Apologize. She didn't use any effects and she still got more scoops than a 2 gallon tub of Edy's Chocolate Chip Icecream!


Another contender in the sax cover youtube land is MrRoonEz, who has better feathered hair than any lesbian I know.

Time is Running Out - Muse. Not bad, little asian lesbian man! I like how this song sounds on sax.

SaxxKilla and XxKBaileyxX both are in the running for best cover of Beyonce's "If I Were a Boy". I will post SaxxKilla (cause I like the name) here and you can find your way to XxKBaileyxX

I also wanted to post SaxxKilla's because of the comment under the info section about it being his first time playing the song AND alto in a year. Wow!

I will post this Kelvin Bailey classic, though - the song is good, but what I love the most is that shower curtain! want!

Well, that's all until I start uploading sax ensemble pieces! Until then, the thesis and maybe working on an arrangment of "Tik Tok" for sax quartet. Of course.

K






No comments: