Monday, August 31, 2009

Oops!

So I have been home now for quite some time, but I haven't updated the blog on the final days in South Africa! Lots of fun, I had some days alone, during which I met up with some friends to take the cable car up Table Mountain. They climbed and then abseiled down - which looked like tons of fun! The day we went up was crystal clear, sunny, and warm. Couldn't have asked for a better day - in fact, I was up there for about five hours, so I got a bit of a sunburn. After that, we went to Hout's Bay and had some good seafood. I gotta say, I will miss the food of South Africa the most! The next day, I went to Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens. It was so gorgeous there - different views of Table Mountain and tons of different vegetation and flowers. The best was the King Protea - such a big bulb! I went on a few paths testing my luck for exploration. I got about half way up the path to Skeleton Gorge when I realized that it was way more of a hike than I was up for before flying home! I flew out later that day and arrived safe and sound home in NJ the next morning. Here are some well overdue pictures (most importantly, check out the pics from the hotel!):

No comments: