Thursday, May 14, 2009

Raising Jonah

So I thought I'd share some illustrations for a book I made for my Child Art Therapy class this past spring called "Raising Jonah." It's basically about a little kangaroo, Jonah, who is in an abusive family and gets taken away by Child Protective Services and put into a foster home with two loggerhead turtles. Not exactly light material, but I've been told it's pretty thorough. The book is about 23-24 pages long and includes info in the back about child abuse, reporting child abuse and foster care info. All illustrations are done first in ink, then scanned and colored digitally. The order is reversed so the beginning of the book is at the bottom. these are only some of the images. 
happy family
playing soccer
therapy
new parents
at the foster care agency
moving
the straw that broke the camel's back
abused




-k

No comments: