Sunday, April 26, 2009

Queens vs. Bronx

So here are some hot pics from the Queens of Pain vs Bronx Gridlock Roller Derby game last night! It was exciting. I won't lie, I was cheering for  the Bronx, and the Gridlock pulled through overshooting Queens by about 30 points. Queens started out in the lead and then the Gridlock put the pressure on, ending the first half 30 points in the lead. In the second half, Queens started off again on a good start, scoring back about 15 points, but then lacking the endurance to keep up with Bronx's lightning fast moves. Unfortunately, Slay didn't play this time, but Ani Dispanko got some good time in to work on her defensive skills. On the Queen's of Pain, Suzy Hotrod gave Bonnie Thunders a run for her money and Hyper Lynx put the pressure on (when she wasn't in the penalty seats!). Overall, a great game! Here are some shots:











1 comment:

S. King said...

I'm sad that Gotham's not coming to the East Coast Extravaganza in Philly at the end of this month. I'll be there with Brewcity's all star team, and I'll be doing some announcing, too. But, dang. I wanted to see Gotham skate again, and I don't want to have to go to Philly twice this year, damnit.